The Natural Energy Solution uses a proprietary, patented process called Gas Phase Reduction (”GPR”). This is a highly effective, non-incineration method that converts all organic waste within the plastic mix.
The GPR technology converts all aspects of plastic to a methane product gas.
The technology operates within a closed system with no stack or chimney.
All process effluent streams are contained and analyzed to ensure that no hazardous compounds are released into the environment.
The residual material, which is comprised mostly of crystallized silica and traces of elemental carbon, is expected to be sold to the construction products industry.
The benefits include:
- GPR can process all types of plastic in a mixed feedstock, whereas competitive technologies need to separate most different grades and types of plastic materials into separate feedstock piles.
- GPR does not produce dioxins that normally contaminate the soil and groundwater with Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbon (PAHs) and oil.
- No pathogens or toxic chemicals remain.
- GPR does not produce toxic emissions including dioxins and furans as does the combustion of scrap tires.
- The potential to convert a mixed plastic feedstock to vehicle fuel – synthetic diesel, has the ability to become a national program for positive, environmental change.